Australia / Designers / Details

Becky & Bridget

Posted 30 November 2011

A few weeks back I caught up with Becky and Bridget, the two lovely ladies behind their namesake label Bec & Bridge. They pretty much epitomise Australian summer style; it’s all about flirty dresses, feminine colour palettes and fashion forward silhouettes. Their collaboration with Akubra Hats at Australian Fashion Week was without a doubt my favourite accessory of the season; the deliciously wide brimmed hats in khaki, blush and violet are all kinds of amazing. Not that I’ve managed to get my hands on one. I still can’t decide if I want the purple, or whether I should be sensible and just go with khaki.

Their high summer collection (which is in stores now)  is both sexy and relaxed, depending on your vibe. And there is plenty of navy and white, which just happen to the two colours I can’t get enough of lately. I actually saw a beautiful girl in Bondi recently wearing their Anja crochet maxi dress (in navy no less), and it looked pretty stunning. A cool dress, strappy sandals and relaxed hair, that’s how summer should be done.

Posted by Rich Girls on 7 December 2011

Oh, gosh. I adore them and their work completely. Cannot wait to see what they come up with next. PS. I'm loving your blog make-over, Jessie. It's beyond pretty. x.

Posted by lucille on 6 December 2011

want this pair! x

Posted by Stacey on 6 December 2011

Thanks Jessie! I'm in love with those shoes, but I can't find them on the Bec & Bridge site. Any hints on where to get them?

Posted by Lee Oliveira on 1 December 2011

Great photos Jessie! I am sure they will bring beautiful pieces for our SS11/12 shores. Lee

Posted by Nicole on 30 November 2011

Your photos, your words and your site. Just, wow. How is it that you just never cease to amaze me? P.s I think you should be a little wild and get the purple, it'd look killer on you.

Posted by Wida on 30 November 2011

So awesome you got to meet them! :) They must have a great collection.

Well Rounded

The return of the round-toe pump

• They call me the Door Hunter. Ps sharing more PFW tales over at @graziashop today.
  • Bling bling... On location bright and early this morning with @mprojectstore
  • Caught in the act with @lyst #alwaysonmyphone #LystFW
  • Paris you charmer.
  • Sporting a fresh blow wave to match today's ball of fluff thanks to the team at @wellahair using the new EIMI range #insidewella #speakEIMI
  • Quick pitstop at Season. All about their homemade vege chips.
  • Getting a cheeky lift thanks to these @stellamccartney flatforms via @lyst #LystFW
  • Clichéd (but delicious) behaviour.
  • Getting tonal on the streets of Paris with @lyst today... I'll be sharing plenty of PFW action both here and over at Lyst for the next week so keep your eyes peeled #LystFW
  • Back home and straight into PFW. If you're in town for Fashion Week (or just looking to live like a local) take a gander at my Paris survival guide created in collaboration with @reissfashion now live on