Australia / Beauty / My place

Botanical Skincare

Posted 6 December 2011

My skincare routine is pretty simple; cleanse, moisturise and a bit of eye cream. I don’t wear mascara (unless I’m going out) so removing my makeup usually requires very little effort. I used to be a fan of face-masks, but lately that routine has fallen by the wayside. I’ve been using Aesop for a few years, ever since I was introduced to it at the WORLD Beauty Store where I occasionally worked during Uni. Although it was the pretty packaging that drew me in, it only took me a few squirts of the hand balm to become completely addicted. I’m not going to lie, I do love seeing all the amber bottles lined up in my bathroom, that’s not what keeps me going back. The Violet Leaf Hair Balm is easily at the top of my list. My hair is fine, blonde and has a mind of it’s own, and this magic balm has worked miracles on many an occasion. It’s not greasy like a serum, but just as powerful. The Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream is equally as amazing. The citrus smell is delicious, and it’s both hydrating and lightweight, making it perfect year round. The range does cost more than anything you’ll pick up at the supermarket, but it’s not too extreme either. And Aesop’s philosophy is just as beautiful as their branding; it’s the real deal.

Posted by Skincare: Cellnique Moisturiser on 23 January 2013

[...] been following the same skincare routine for the past four years, and I figured it’s high time I gave another brand a whirl. Beauty is [...]

Posted by martha on 27 March 2012

I love their creams-in-a-tube! Perfect for throwing in your bag, unlike a classic jar!

Posted by Street style: Lyla in Sydney from Aesop on 18 February 2012

[...] packaging are all super beautiful, which is why I love purchasing the range so much (as you can see here). If you’re looking for an amazing hair product, Lyla uses the Aesop Rose hair mask. Because [...]

Posted by Jessie on 12 December 2011

You can buy Aesop products from retailers all over the world as well as online, just check out their website to see where is closest to you. It's Jessie x

Posted by Alla on 12 December 2011

where do you buy their products?

Posted by WeCanPretend on 7 December 2011

Love this product line, and their philosophy really is better. LOVED your blog, such fun checking it out

Well Rounded

The return of the round-toe pump

• They call me the Door Hunter. Ps sharing more PFW tales over at @graziashop today.
  • Bling bling... On location bright and early this morning with @mprojectstore
  • Caught in the act with @lyst #alwaysonmyphone #LystFW
  • Paris you charmer.
  • Sporting a fresh blow wave to match today's ball of fluff thanks to the team at @wellahair #insidewella
  • Quick pitstop at Season. All about their homemade vege chips.
  • Getting a cheeky lift thanks to these @stellamccartney flatforms via @lyst #LystFW
  • Clichéd (but delicious) behaviour.
  • Getting tonal on the streets of Paris with @lyst today... I'll be sharing plenty of PFW action both here and over at Lyst for the next week so keep your eyes peeled #LystFW
  • Back home and straight into PFW. If you're in town for Fashion Week (or just looking to live like a local) take a gander at my Paris survival guide created in collaboration with @reissfashion now live on
  • Italian girls do it better... Wrapping up MFW with one of my favourite shots between shows with @wellahair. Next stop, Paris! #insidewella