Australia / Designers / Sydney

Posted 7 January 2012

Kahlo is my kind of label. With their simple, beautifully cut pieces made from the most incredible fabrics I could happily drape myself in their entire collection. Rachelle (in the leather dress) and Fay (in the leather pants) joined forces with one very polished, contemporary vision. Their tees and shirts could slip effortlessly into any wardrobe, while their soft leather pieces are understated yet strong. It’s no secret that leather is my ultimate vice when it comes to fabric; so structured, cool and a little bit bad. When I saw Rachelle wearing this dress at their winter launch last August I was completely in smitten with it. The high neck line is just so sophisticated, and the longer hem at the back creates a sharp asymmetrical detail (and keeps it from being too short.) It’s possibly the best leather dress I’ve laid eyes on yet. I also couldn’t help thinking that perhaps Fay’s leather pants could end my year and a half long quest for the perfect pair? Like I said, Kahlo is my kind of label.

Posted by mellie on 19 January 2012

gorgeous. I love people who work with leather so well. I have 15 gorgeous black hides here I am wanting to make items out of ann Demeulemeester style but Kahlo's minimalism is super inspiring at the same time.

Posted by & so we we’ve found the perfect LBD « & so we ramble on 10 January 2012

[...] with the designers behind the kahlo brand, an australian brand (yes again, wow). Read the rest HERE. Need this LBD in my closet.

Posted by Bang & Buck on 10 January 2012

Amazing... i get so excited seeing news about these girls and pictures of their work! they are the go-to label when it comes to letter...cannot wait to get a leather crop!

Posted by Tania on 7 January 2012

Love the label, the girls are gorgeous and the pieces are perfect ! Leather tank needs to be mine x Tania

Posted by Jessie on 7 January 2012

Yes I should have mentioned that! Kahlo is available at Desordre boutique on South Dowling st, Darlinghurst or you can email them with your inquiries.

Posted by Kaitlyn on 7 January 2012

Love love love Kahlo, nice feature Jessie! Those leather tops are sooo good, I've wanted one for so long... x

Posted by shannon on 7 January 2012

They're our girls! xx great shots lovely. Collection will be in store x KAHLO film: