Personal Style / Sydney / Winter

Black Sheep

Posted 29 June 2012

Friend of Mine coat, Miu Miu heels

If I could wear coats all of the time, I would. In my mind, there’s nothing better than putting on the perfect outer shell which keeps you warm and creates one clean silhouette. I couldn’t go past the fluffy look of this Friend of Mine ‘poodle coat’,  which despite it’s name just reminds me of the black sheep which used to sit idle in the paddock near my childhood house. No, the sheep wasn’t mine, but there were a few around (it was New Zealand after all).

Even though it’s faux fur, the lining is super think and it’s the ultimate insulator against the cold weather we’ve had lately. This covered up look is a far cry from Friend of Mine’s new collection which is due to drop into stores soon, and I have to say I’m surprisingly drawn to it. It’s pretty sexy; but there’s just so much black, white and leather I can’t say no.

Posted by Liana on 9 July 2012

OH PERFECTION, you're perfection JB x

Posted by StunningStreetstyle on 3 July 2012

Posted by Rich Girls on 1 July 2012

you're so pretty, jessie. your style is always so spot on too. x.

Posted by the marant philes on 29 June 2012

Jessie, you look so great! I think I've written it before, but I love you style! Black is perfect on you with your hair color and natural makeup...Every time I think about buying print, I see your outfits and change my mind. - Aliya:)

Posted by fashionablecollections on 29 June 2012

That coat is incredible. Love your blog. Now following with bloglovin. $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

Posted by Style Hostess on 29 June 2012

good as and simple. love the coat too. super versatile in keeping you warm against battling winter winds. great boots too. I like the solid form of them. X Catherine.

Posted by Jaeger on 29 June 2012

wow that is such a cool coat xx

Posted by fashion tidbits on 29 June 2012

are you gonna get some of the new collection?!! what r u thinking of getting? :)

Posted by sacha on 29 June 2012

oh you look lovely, and I love those boots! what are they? loving new friend of mine too, did you say leather? I'm there.

Well Rounded

The return of the round-toe pump

• They call me the Door Hunter. Ps sharing more PFW tales over at @graziashop today.
  • Bling bling... On location bright and early this morning with @mprojectstore
  • Caught in the act with @lyst #alwaysonmyphone #LystFW
  • Paris you charmer.
  • Sporting a fresh blow wave to match today's ball of fluff thanks to the team at @wellahair #insidewella
  • Quick pitstop at Season. All about their homemade vege chips.
  • Getting a cheeky lift thanks to these @stellamccartney flatforms via @lyst #LystFW
  • Clichéd (but delicious) behaviour.
  • Getting tonal on the streets of Paris with @lyst today... I'll be sharing plenty of PFW action both here and over at Lyst for the next week so keep your eyes peeled #LystFW
  • Back home and straight into PFW. If you're in town for Fashion Week (or just looking to live like a local) take a gander at my Paris survival guide created in collaboration with @reissfashion now live on
  • Italian girls do it better... Wrapping up MFW with one of my favourite shots between shows with @wellahair. Next stop, Paris! #insidewella