Personal Style / Winter

Back Alley Chanel

Posted 9 July 2012
Ray-Ban Wayfarers, Vintage trench, ‘Chanel’ tee, Claude Maus jeans, Benah wallet, Nixon watch, Alexander Wang loafers

Not a fan of fakes, but the blatant logo print is so shameless; it really couldn’t be further from everything that Chanel represents. I picked up the trench in New Zealand last year for less than $10 – it’s pretty massive, but I kind of like it that way. So slouchy and comfortable; it’s like a more relaxed alternative to the classic, tailored trench.

I can’t even tell you how great the second-hand stores are back home – they put Sydney (and Melbourne) to shame. Everything is slightly musty and has shoulder pads, but it’s ridiculously cheap and authentic. Nothing beats finding an incredible piece amongst the racks of discarded woolen jumpers and matching pant suits. Second hand store triumphs are the best.

Posted by Jade on 20 August 2012

Are you ray-bans the original or the oversized style? You wear them so well x

Posted by thecitygourmand on 19 July 2012

Minimalist winning.

Posted by Sarah on 17 July 2012

So damn cool. I freakin love this outfit!

Posted by T on 14 July 2012

that trench is great! you look super x

Posted by Jolita on 10 July 2012

I love the entire outfit. You look amazing! Jolita x

Posted by Vulette on 10 July 2012

You said it! The opshops here are useless because all the 'vintage' stores have had first dibs and are re-selling them at their own stores for 5x the price! Love this look, you pull off that oversized trench amazingly! V xx

Posted by amanda on 10 July 2012

so good!

Posted by the marant philes on 9 July 2012

Great score on the trench, and as always, wonderful style! - Aliya:)

Posted by Australian Fashion Review Blog - Gems on 9 July 2012

I love that over-sized trench, I can't believe it was less than $10, what a bargain! Gems x Australian Fashion Review Blog

Posted by Bec on 9 July 2012

That trench!!!

Posted by Dominika of FASHION PHILOSOPHY on 9 July 2012

really great look! loving the top! <3 FASHION PHILOSOPHY

Posted by Sheena on 9 July 2012

I love to see trenches done so casually it offsets it perfectly! X

Posted by Tine on 9 July 2012

Posted by Angela on 9 July 2012

Love this Jessie! I love the masculine style, but still so cool..

Posted by Kim - Blonde Suburbia on 9 July 2012

Wow wow wow! You just look so awesome! That trench is so sweet.. Xoxo

Posted by Kaitlyn on 9 July 2012

LOVE this Jessie!! My goodness that vintage trench is seriously cool and I am so jealous of your Wang loafers, gah. Might have to book a trip to NZ just to check out the vintage stores now... xx

Posted by Brigadeiro on 9 July 2012

I miss vintage/op shopping in the UK, infinite times better than here in Oz. And I simply cannot believe the vintage clothing prices here! They seriously raise my eyebrows in disbelief...That trench is brilliant! ;)

Posted by brijetblog on 9 July 2012

I love that slounchy trench coat and the 'Chanel' tee is awesome. I love all the designer parodies. I wear my 'Celine Me Alone' tee all the time.