Belgium / Travel

In Bruges (and Brussels)

Posted 4 January 2013

During our time in Belgium we stayed in Bruges, a super cute town with quaint brick buildings and cobblestone laneways. There was something about the slower pace of life and quiet one way streets that I couldn’t help but love. We spent our days wandering alongside the half-frozen canals, ordering beers from pubs over two hundred years old and indulging in delicious frites topped with mayonnaise.

We took a day trip to Brussels, and I have to say, I was quite taken with the city. Impressive architecture in every direction, metropolitan but not over-run with people. There was also an abundance of chocolate-coated waffles, carefully curated boutiques and beautiful buildings. If you get a chance, Belgium really is worth a visit.

Posted by Els on 21 January 2013

discovered your blog today and before i knew a couple of hours had passed - truly inspirational... make sure to visit ghent and my hometown antwerp next time you're in belgium - both really creative cities with lots of nice shops, coffee bars and more!

Posted by Alexz on 5 January 2013

I want to feel that sunshine on my skin. The character of the buildings really do it for me. Thanks for sharing these - I'm going to start a Belgium savings jar!

Posted by Vulette on 5 January 2013

Bruges looks incredible! My Mum just got back from there and loved it too. Looks like you had lovely sunny weather too. Loving all your travel pics, although pretty jealous too...

Posted by jamie-lee on 5 January 2013

Your photo's are just absolutely stunning, and make me wish that i was in Europe all over again. I never made it to Belgium but it's on my list. Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Posted by amanda on 5 January 2013

simply stunning.

Posted by Chaucee on 4 January 2013

What a gorgeous place! These photos are stunning. I love the light leaking past the buildings. That's so neat you got to stay in a place like this! I can't wait until I can travel again. Right now it's just working to save up for that next big trip : )

Posted by fabliha on 4 January 2013

Such a stunning place - I wish I were still in Europe! :'(

Posted by Style Hostess on 4 January 2013

what an antiquity! I really like these photos showing heritage sites and some serious architecture. ingenious ♥ hope you're living out your hols in Belgium so far Jessie!! x Catherine.