Prague / Travel

Streets of Prague

Posted 19 January 2013

Before visiting Prague, I had a lot of romantic notions about how beautiful the city would be. We arrived at night, and driving past Prague Castle for the first time all lit up and towering over the canal is one of the most memorable moments of my trip. It was like stepping back in time; a real-life castle with an impossibly beautiful presence. No photos, but forever imprinted in my mind.

Prague really is a special place – with ornate buildings lined up along spacious streets, delicious pilsners, the charming Old Town, impressive views over the city, and traditional Czech-style cafes (a cross between a restaurant and a large dining hall) which are open all hours of the day. We planned our stay to coincide with Christmas, which really was a world away from the usual balmy weather and family traditions back home. Sadly no snow, but the extravagance of Christmas lights, markets, carols and mulled wine was more than enough.

Posted by Emma Louise Layla on 20 February 2013

Your photographs are amazing! I've only just come across your site, new favourite blog alert. ELL

Posted by lisa on 24 January 2013

amazing photos!!!! its always been on my list of to go to places. your pictures definitely make Prague an even more dreamier destination for me! x

Posted by Jessie on 22 January 2013

Hey Giovanni, Thanks for your kind words! I pay for travels just like everyone else - for the better part of last year I worked full time plus took on freelance work to save for my trip. xx

Posted by Sarah on 22 January 2013

Prague was one of my favourite cities in Europe - so beautiful and great food! Your photographs captured it perfectly x

Posted by maryse on 21 January 2013

magnifiques photos ! <3 je suis sans voix...

Posted by Giovanni Piazza on 21 January 2013

I just discovered your blog a couple days ago and I absolutely love it. I lived in Italy for five months at the beginning of last year and I traveled to many of the same cities as you have recently. Your photos are great. They have an interesting tone that brings out some of the raw beauty in the cities. Prague is such a beautiful city. Unfortunately, I also wasn't able to get any photos of the castle, but it's certainly a memory I'll never forget. I was curious, if you don't mind me inquiring, how do you pay for your travels around Europe? Best, Giovanni

Posted by Rebecca on 20 January 2013

love your blog! it's really well composed and quite atmospheric! xx

Posted by amanda on 20 January 2013

in love with these. your photography is always so breathtaking.

Posted by thecitygourmand on 20 January 2013

Fabulous pictures, so picturesque! Love your bag too ;)

Posted by Leah on 19 January 2013

beautiful photos once again!

Posted by Deppa on 19 January 2013

Oh wow! definitely it must be one of the most romantic places in the entire world. Lovely pictures. See you :)